Every year on January 24th, we are proud to remember the great act of the Union of Romanian Principalities, which laid the foundations of the modern Roman state. The union of the Romanian Country with Moldova, made on January 24, 1859, represents the political act underlying modern Romania and the formation of the Romanian nation.
· Historical circumstances did not allow the simultaneous unification of the three Roman countries: Moldova, Transylvania, Wallachia. The Romanian national state gradually formed, starting with the Union of 1859 and ending in 1918, when the struggle for the national liberation of the Romanian people would be crowned with victory.·
• The Union of the Romanian Principalities·
• Wallachia and Moldavia at that time were two different countries, united on January 24, 1859, under the joint leadership of Alexandru Ioan Cuza.· • On January 5, 1859, the Elective Assembly in Iasi elected Alexandru Ioan Cuza as the ruler of Moldavia. Since the first day in Bucharest, over 30,000 people mobilized by the young unionists gathered in front of the buildings where the Elective Assembly took place.·
• On the morning of January 24, at 11:00, Vasile Boerescu asked for a secret meeting where he said "To unite on the principle of union is to unite upon the person who represents this principle. This person is Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Mr. We will unite on this name and the posterity will bless us, the country will stretch our hands and our consciousness will be reconciled to us ... a holy desire. "· Alexandru Ioan Cuza was elected President of the Romanian Lands on this day, and the deputies had to vote unanimously in fulfilling the will of the people.·
• The election of the same prince in both Principalities was a significant victory for the Romanian people in their struggle for the formation of a unitary national state.· • This morning, flowers and crowns go to the ruler's statue followed by various cultural manifestations in honor of Alexandru Ioan Cuza.· The beam date is a habit that keeps dating from the Geto-Dacians and celebrates the first day of the year, January 1 for children up to three years of age. This ritual was initially committed by the priest, but the number of children was great, it was allowed that this ritual be done by the baby's midwife, nose or even father.·
Traditions on the day of the beam· • Tradition says that the child is given the beam to rise, grow tall and beautiful, and after modern interpretations, aspire to great things.· At the door, the child rises three times from the floor to the beam and says, "Be down, baby up to big and beautiful." During the beating, the child must have a bobbin in which three basil and money are placed. At the threshold of the door are sunflower seeds, wheat and corn seeds together with an iron bar. It is said that iron has the role of strengthening and protecting the bad child and the seeds to be fertile. On this occasion, the whole family gathers around the table, they make gifts and celebrate the beams of the little one.
Every year, on January 30th, the faithful celebrate the day of the three saints, Vasile the Great, Gregory the Theologian and John Chrysostom. All three were considered Christians, they contributed essentially to Christian theology and were appointed as the protector of theological education.
The joint celebration of the three, was decided at the end of the 11th century, because the believers wondered who, among the three, was bigger. But we must know that each is celebrated and separated.
- The elders say that it is good to have a candle on this day. It is said that you will have the whole life, full of light. There is also a coliva that must be taken into the church and established, then divided into the poor people.
- About the work of the field and about the weather it is said that on this day the gray under the snow grew, the one who remained untouched by the autumn.
- Also on this day the weather changes. If the stresses flow, the spring is cold; if it is cold, the summer is warm.
- The popular tradition says about who will work this day that he will go wrong "in the house".
- Young girls are praying to have a happy marriage and are also feasting to commemorate the dead of the faithful families