Covid19 situation in Romania. Rules and conditions to enter in Romania
Click for more details regarding the situation of Covid19 incidence in Romania, conditions to enter the country for foreign citizens, hospitals situation, restrictions and treatment conditions in case of illness.
Covid19 situation in Romania. Entering in Romania rules.
Starting with 01.06.2021, by the decision of the Romanian Government, the restriction for foreigners to enter Romania, previously established during the state of emergency and the state of alarm, was canceled.
The entry of foreign tourists in Romania is made in compliance with the CNSU Decision 43/01.07.2021 which updates the conditions of the previous decisions.
CNSU Decision 34/01.07.2021 foresees special regulations for the entry of foreigners in Romania, under conditions and exceptions, different from those applied to Romanian citizens and residents, depending on their citizenship and the area from which they arrive.
The list of countries was updated on 29.07.2021 and is a traffic light type classification, with countries by risk areas: red, yellow and green.
For foreign tourists arriving from a country that belongs to:
- Green area: there are no restrictions for foreign tourists who are citizens of EU + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland; foreign tourists from third countries (other than those indicated above) must present a vaccination certificate or a certificate of having recovered from the disease, now being immune, in order to be exempted from quarantine;
- Yellow area: foreign tourists based on certificate proving their vaccination / a negative PCR test (less than 72 hours) / the fact that they have recovered from the disease, now being immune, are exempted from quarantine;
foreign tourists from third countries (other than those indicated above) must present a vaccination certificate or a certificate of having recovered from the disease, now being immune, in order to be exempted from quarantine;
- Red area: only foreign tourists who present a vaccination certificate or a certificate of having recovered from the disease, now being immune, are exempted from quarantine.
Starting with 01.07.2021, Romania accepts and applies the EU Green Certificate.
To enter Romania, please fill in the following statement: https://chestionar.stsisp.ro/
Not more than 72 hours must have passed between the PCR test result and the entry into Romania. At least 10 days must have passed between the last vaccine dose and the entry into Romania.
We also recommend medical insurance (covering Covid-19) to all foreign tourists arriving in Romania.
Most of the tourism professionals in Romania have been vaccinated and they are eager and ready to have you as guests. We welcome you to discover a beautiful, traditional and vibrant destination: Romania!
- Our information is addressed to foreigners arriving in Romania for tourist purposes, defined by us as foreign tourists
- The official conditions for entering Romania, for foreign citizens, are presented on the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website: https://www.mae.ro
- Updated information on the Covid 19 situation and the regulations in force in Romania can be found on the INSP’s website: https://www.cnscbt.ro
- Future updates of the list will be published here: https://www.cnscbt.ro/index.php/liste-zone-afectate-covid-19